- Petitions are sent by agencies, conferences, churches, and
- The petitions secretary assigns petition numbers. The numbers
indicate the legislative committee, the chronological order, and the
- Petitions are printed in the Advance Edition of the Daily Christian
- Reference committee reviews assignments by petitions secretary. They
combine petitions and make new assignments to legislative committees
as deemed necessary.
- Legislative committees act upon petitions and make recommendations
to plenary session.
- Reports are sent to DCA. Copy is returned to committee
officers for approval. Copy is sent to the General Conference
secretary for a calendar number prior to being printed in the DCA.
- Plenary session acts upon calendar item.
- The action is printed in the Book of Discipline or the Book
of Resolutions. The DCA becomes the official
journal of the General Conference.